So here it is. Please remember that the particular brand of food makes a difference (for example, bread can be anywhere from 0 to 4g of protein per slice). The amount of protein in each item is noted in parentheses:
- 1/2 c cottage cheese (15g)
- 2 slices whole wheat toast (6g)
- 1 c milk or soy milk (8g)
- 1 c fat-free Fage or other Greek yogurt (20g)
- 1/4 c Peak Protein granola (6g)
- 1/2 c fruit (0g)
- Turkey & Swiss sandwich from Starbucks (34g)
- Vegetable side (2-5g depending on veggies)
- 1/4 c almonds (8g)
- Baked or lightly sauteed chicken breast (20g)
- Baked potato with Greek yogurt or low-fat sour cream (7g)
- 1 c broccoli (4g)
- Salad (1-5g depending on ingredients)
Total is a yummy, pretty darn healthy 130g protein suitable for a rock star, rock star wannabe, rock star groupie, or other.
Anyone have a favorite high-protein meal they'd like to share?