I, and a few others, had a lot of fun with this post. So, I've added a few more and am re-posting. Again, feel free to add on:
With age, comes experience. With experience, comes proficiency. With proficiency, comes the ability to instruct others. So based on this logic, we all have unlimited opportunities to offer advice and counsel to anyone that will listen.
I do not mean to undermine anyone's credentials as an expert. But I am intrigued by the limitless pseudo-career options that can be obtained merely through aging. Here is my running list...feel free to add:
- "Faux-sician" (Fake Physician): SHE who offers up medical advice or disagrees with the diagnosis of a health professional. (I think we all do this...who hasn't diagnosed someone else's pregnancy?)
- "Faux-yer" (Fake Lawyer): SHE who understands even a shred of the complexity that is the US Legal System or she who always says, "so sue me".
- "Faux-titian" (Fake Dietitian): SHE who considers herself an expert on diet and health and most female celebrities at some point in their careers. (A special shout out to one of my in-laws who was adamant that I start drinking milk when I was pregnant for fear that I would not be able to lactate without it).
- "Faux-tist" (Fake Artist): SHE who is taking art classes and/or SHE that makes the rest of us look bad with the most awesome Halloween costumes, party decorations, handmade gifts, etc.
- "Faux-et" (Fake Poet): SHE who thinks it's funny to write haiku's on her blog.
- "Faux-mmelier" (Fake Sommelier): SHE who knows a little something about wines and thinks a "reasonable" bottle at a restaurant is $65 (based on a true story).
- "Faux-macist" (Fake Pharmacist): SHE who has a pill for everything and knows what to take for every occasion. (Watch for these people at the airport...they are the ones always flying the friendly skies).
- "Faux-sho": Alternative spelling of one of the best lines in The 40 Year Old Virgin.