In today's issue, the Chicago Tribune highlighted a new book titled, "What I Eat: Around the World in 80 Diets". The book, written by a husband-and-wife team (photographer and former TV producer), documents the daily meals of 80 people in 30 countries. In addition, they estimate the calories of the day's food and drink and comment on the costs of the food, body weight of the folks, their jobs, etc. What I found most interesting about the article was the camel broker in Egypt who had potato chips for breakast...with a side of boiled water.
I just ordered the book, so cannot comment on whether it's a good read or not. I'm just fascinated by the concept of this question, "What did you eat yesterday"?
Here's what I ate yesterday:
- Zone nutrition bar
- Non-fat grande latte
- Panera You-Pick Two with black bean soup, Greek salad, and an apple
- Diet Coke
- 5 vanilla tootsie rolls (damn you Halloween candy!)
- 1 long, skinny tootsie roll (I hate you Halloween candy)
- Green lettuce with blue cheese dressing (need to grocery shop for salad fixin's)
- Leftover creamed spinach and shallots from last week...or the week before, not sure, still alive today so perhaps last week
- 5 slices of pepperoni (and yes, I consider myself a vegetarian)
- Small sliver of the Stromboli I made with the pepperoni
- Pizza bone from 1 slice of my HEs Lou Malnati's pizza
- More slivers of the Stromboli (lost count)
So what did YOU eat yesterday? Anyone start the day with some boiled water? Potato chips? Tootsie rolls for breakfast?